Shasta County Older Adult Policy Council
- “A Voice for Seniors”
Our vision is that seniors:
- Have a support system, are active and valued community members.
- Have access to health care, affordable medication, transportation, appropriate housing, and financial security.
- Are healthy, safe and live with dignity.
- Are optimistic about their future, involved and connected to their community.
- Continue to learn and grow and share lessons learned with others.
“A public/private partnership that enhances the well being of Shasta County seniors.”
The Older Adult Policy Council meets on the first Thursday of the month at 8:30 a.m. at the Shasta Senior Nutrition Program, 100 Mercy Oaks Dr, Redding, Ca 96003. For more information, please call Susan Wilson at (530) 524-4777.
- Power to Seniors (utilities fundraising and wellness campaign)
- Senior Expo
- Collaboration with the Center for Economic Development for completion of a senior assessment called the “Graying of the Northstate.”
- Countrywide senior fitness program
- Coordination of countywide senior events